A sad fact of life is every place you go, you will find scammers. Fake escorts and backpage classifieds, fake services, frauds, flakes and this certainly holds true for the world of escorts
Updated March 26, 2020
Because of the nature of the escort and provider business, scammers and bad citizens are attracted to it to take advantage of potential clients. They may be unwilling to go to law enforcement if they’re scammed and/or robbers. Take the time to read this guide on spotting fake ads to avoid being scammed or ripped off..
Here at afterdarkads.com we’ve seen several types of scams that escort clients have to deal with:
- Escort ads made so people can just steal deposits.
- Many escort ads where people try to steal your credit card information.
- And for instance escort ads made for the purpose of blackmailing anyone that contacts the “adult escort” in the ads.
- Providers and escorts that don’t look anything like their photos
- An appointments with escorts that is nothing but a setup for a robbery
Great Ways to spot a fake post and avoid being scammed
This list does not guarantee that you will identify 100% of scams. They are reliable signs of fake escort ads or an adult escort that is not real:
- The post is overly vulgar and direct. For example, “Horny housewife wants your dick in her mouth rght now!“. Another sure sign is horrible English, as they are witted by Men in India and Bangladesh. “make fuck with dick me I horny alone with no husband” is most not going to be a real escort. An escort in Dallas, talking like a 7-11 worker reading from a bollywood porn script is not a real escort..
- The adult classified ads show overly sexualized photos or shows actual sex.
- The escort ads are too good to be true. If photos in the ad looks anything like super models,, and the ad says they offer $50 QV, move on. These are photos stolen from somewhere on the Internet. If you’ve talked to the provider and prices seem more realistic, make sure you verify the image of the person. Supermodels don’t give $50 blowjobs in cars. If they did, the world would be a very different place.
Always use the best backpage alternative, afterdarkads!
- The photos in the escort ads look like someone’s Facebook photo profile. Scammers are running automated programs that go out and download random images from Facebook. They then they use those to create unique ads, making it harder to spot the scams. Remember that providers are trying to sell you something. If the post’s photos don’t look like they’re trying to make a sale, be wary. VERY few escorts on sites like backpage and afterdarkads, or any backpage replacement site show their faces. Usually use pics that disguise their real identity.
- Posts where someone is called a police informant. Or posts giving you an address of a provider and saying “come on over”. “I just love sex, everything is free”. These posts are made by competitors or jilted/annoyed exes in an attempt to harass a provider.
- Posts that ask you to join an Onlyfans site or some other cam site or any site you pay for.
Verify the image of an escort or provider
By verifying their image, we mean making sure the provider looks like their photos.
Ask the provider to send you a photo of themselves holding up 3 fingers. Holding up a piece of paper with a handwritten word on it. MANY escorts will not do this, and say so right in their ad. We understand both sides. Many escorts get blown up with texts all day asking for pics. MOST times the guy asking never books. Escorts posting on adult classified ads sites don’t want their time wasted any more than you want to be scammed.
Realize that there are Picture Collectors out there. They call up escorts and ask for photos, and then never end up seeing them, wasting a provider’s time. Most escorts are aware of this type of “customer”. One verification photo or a short video chat should be fine.
A great way to ask is like this:
“I understand that there are pic collectors out there, but I’m not one of those. There are a lot of scams out there, and I would just like to make sure you’re real. Please send me a photo of yourself in the mirror holding up 3 fingers. No nudity is necessary.”
If the escort refuses to send you a the photo, or video chat with you, move on — there are others out there. They send you a photo without the piece of paper or without holding up 3 fingers that you asked for, ask again. If you still don’t get the photo, move on.
Types of fake ads
Escort Ads made for stealing deposits
Fake ads that are set up to sucker a client in with the goal of stealing a deposit for the date. Real escorts and backpage classifieds on afterdarkads. Once they get the deposit, they cancel at the last minute or simply never show up for the meeting or give the room number. Some do this after you have traveled to the supposed incall location, and desperate clients wanting the meeting so badley will still send the deposit, even knowing its most likely a scam… most are not even trying to get anything big… just $25..
This type of scam is done by a wide range of people — from con artists in Bangladesh/Nigeria to regular Western women, who do look like their photos and make a better living asking for deposits or “payment up front” rather than actually providing services.
Afterdarkads does not allow fake escort ads!
In the escort and adult massage business, there are plenty of bad clients, they set appointments and dont show, or make escorts travel across town only to ghost them.. One can see how this can be very annoying for a provider, and cost them both time and money. Real escorts and backpage classifieds on afterdarkads.com
For both incalls and outcalls, we recommend talking with a provider first. Initial contact by text is fine, but if the provider refuses to talk to you, this is a huge red flag. Then you should verify their image.
Ask the provider what area she serves first, without telling her where you are located. This is because a lot of deposit scammers make multiple posts with multiple accounts in different cities. If they ask you where you are located, or don’t tell you, move on. When you are unsure, ask if they are near the Megaplex or make up a name of a location…
What if the provider tells you that:
- they don’t accept cash for security reasons
- you have to send a deposit because that will prove you’re not working for the police
- they’ve received counterfeit money before and now only accept online/electronic payments/ gift cards
- they only want to be paid in gift cards
- you must join their private snapchat or onlyfans or some other cam site first before a meetup (and it only costs very little…)
then move on: these are all sure tells that it is not a real adult escort or body rub provider
Ads where a scammer steals your credit card.
Again, similar to the Real escorts and backpage classifieds on afterdarkads, fake deposit ads, these ads use photos of very good-looking people Afterdarkads.com works very hard to find and eliminate these ads… but they do slip through.
The goal here is to get you to contact the person who posted the ad. They will typically reply very quickly, saying that they can meet up with you whenever and wherever you want. All you need to do is “verify your identity” — for the safety of the escort… (yea right)
They’ll send you to a site that looks very legit, typically with a direct link to their profile This profile photo will always show your current location as the location of the “escort” in question. Its a scam.
These sites will then have you sign up to “verify your identity”. Some will use age as a reason. Sometimes they will say they won’t charge your credit card, other times they may charge your credit card a dollar.
The ENTIRE aim of this scam is to steal your credit card information.
Escorts that don’t look like their photos
This one happens somewhat frequently. Even on afterdarkads.com , although other sites like backpage and backpage replacements it happens far more. You see a gorgeous girl in an advertisement:
You call her, she sounds super sweet, 60 minutes later she’s knocking at your door, you open the door in your robe, all ready to greet her and then kaaaboom!
Let’s just say, this wasn’t just a little bit of photoshopping.
In other circumstances, Real escorts and backpage classifieds on afterdarkads, avoid the fakes! you may have responded to an ad with a blonde photos, then a brunette arrives at your door, This happens when escorts work together, the person you call is busy, and they send their friend, thinking if any escort shows up at your door, you aren’t going to turn them away.
The easiest way to guard against this is, when you’re making an appointment, politely ask to verify the provider’s image.
When communicating with the provider by email, you may want to write something like:
Hi Jenna, before we set a meeting, I’m hoping you can send me a photo of you holding up a paper with the writing ‘Hi Fred‘ on it. I know your time is valuable, and I apologize for the inconvenience, but in the past I’ve been a victim of a bait-and-switch a few times: I respect your privacy and I don’t need to see any nude photos, again just to make sure you look like the photos in the ad
This will both give the provider a sense of security as you’re letting them know you’ve been with providers before. Real escorts and backpage classifieds on afterdarkads, avoid the fakes! acknowledging your respect for their time and privacy, and showing that you’re a polite person. If the provider doesn’t want to take a couple minutes to snap a few photos proving that their photos are real, then either they aren’t real, or they’re not going to give you good service. Skip the BS and move on.
Avoiding robberies by providers and escorts
There are two main types of robberies that happen in this business:
- Meetings that are setups for a robbery
- Opportunistic robberies, where you pay your provider an agreed-upon fee, and they suddenly dash out of the hotel room with the money. Alternatively, you may be robbed whilst you’re in the shower or some variation on this.
Realize that you can never be 100% safe in this business, especially if you’re seeing a provider in an area where prostitution is illegal or semi-legal. Some providers will take advantage of this by wagering that you won’t go to the police if they rob you. Accept that there will always be some risk, and that your best course of action is to minimize your risks, and if something bad does happen to minimize the potential damage.
- Never bring and unknown escort to your own place of residence, regardless of whether you are single or not.
- Get the escort to verify their image with you.
- When seeing an escort on an incall, only bring the money you need for your date and a possible tip. Don’t bring your wallet nor any of your ID.
- If you are driving to the provider’s place, and it isn’t an upscale hotel, park at least half a block away and walk to the location. You can choose to leave your key in a magnetic car lock box under your car, or hide it, this saves having your keys get “lost” in the incall.
Afterdarkads is the new craigslist personals alternative.
- When seeing a provider at their incall, walking into the room, greet the escort nicely and take a look around to make sure no one else is there. Make sure the door is then locked with the chain to prevent anyone else from entering and surprising you. If the provider gets worried when you do this, just smile and say, “I once got robbed by an escorts partner entering with a key she’d given her boyfriend, so I have to do this for my own security. Real escorts and backpage classifieds on afterdarkads, avoid the fakes!
- If you’re seeing a provider in your own hotel room, make sure you have the cash to pay them, and lock away your wallet and any valuables like a phone or wristwatch in the room safe, or hide them somewhere out of reach.
- Don’t give a provider money to “pay for the hotel room”, or to “buy condoms in the store” or to “pay for parking” — in short, to walk out for kind of errand before you start your session. If a hotel room needs to be paid first, walk with the provider over to the desk to pay, or go pay it yourself, then return.
- Talk to a provider on the phone before meeting, and ask for the provider verify their image, or video chat with you.
- If you are not single, or are worried about friends finding out about you seeing a provider, do not use your own personal/work email or phone to contact a provider.
- Paying for services in advance will depend on your relationship with the provider.
If you have been scammed, please include screen captures of all messages between you and the provider and a screen capture of any money transfer you’ve made. You may blur out any of your personal information in the transfer except your name. Afterdarkads does NOT tolorate anyone ripping off our users. But dont forget, this works both ways, if you plan to scam or rip off our advertisers, expect blowback! Another place you can report scams and fake ads is on usasexguide.nl
Afterdarkads.com works very hard to run a clean site, devoid of human trafficking, scams and fake ads. We will not tolerate any of this, ESPECIALLY trafficking or sexual slavery situations. If you see anything that looks to you like it could be a sexual slavery/ human trafficking situation PLEASE report it to your local police AND to us here, by sending us all the details of the encounter you can. We will protect your identity, we WILL do all we can to stop the situation. Underage kids, sex slaves, anyone being forced into a situation, anyone that looks like they are or have been abused, PLEASE help us help those people by reporting it immediately!